Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Italian Wedding Soup, weaving group, Janice's finished quilt


Tuesday (1/21) morning dawned with slightly better news on Cookie.  I asked Michael to call as I couldn’t face what might have happened overnight, but her platelets were up slightly and she had eaten a tiny bit of chicken baby food (her first food in 2 days).  

Michael took off after that to deliver the cookie cups, get a cleaning at the dentist, and visit Cookie!  

I got Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot: 



before Janice and I headed back to the studio to work on her quilt, and by lunchtime, she was done quilting it.  By then I was starving...and I want to show you that my honey is not the only one who can make a nice looking omelet  :~):

onion/sausage/cheese omelet

While Janice was working on her quilt, I started to embroider a bunch of words that Paula wants to include in a quilt for a neighbor, suffering from metastatic breast cancer:  




She wants the words in 3 different colors...and of course the anal Debbie method does all of the same colors at once!

Michael called me while he was with Cookie….the tech said Cookie wouldn’t eat for her, but I asked Michael to take some ham and cheese slices with him…and she SNARFED them down!!!  Who loves her daddy  :~).  

The internal medicine doctor called me to get permission to give her a chemo drug which seems to speed up platelet production….Cookie’s platelets are slightly better, but nowhere near where the doctor would like to see them.  

In the afternoon, I headed out to weaving at Kathy’s house:  

Kathy

Laura - with a beautiful felted scarf

Rosalie

Pam

Melanie

It was a lovely afternoon and we talked about everything under the sun!  I didn’t stay as long as I normally do, as I wanted to get back home to spend time with Janice.  

By the time we stopped for dinner, her quilt was off of the frame and all cleaned up:  


I ran 2 quarts of soup over to my neighbors before settling in to have some myself :~).  There’s NOTHING like homemade soup on a freezing winter day!!    

Michael took off for rehearsal and Janice and I once again hit the studio.  She got binding made and started to apply it: 




while I started to cut fabric for 2 rainbow quilts.  

We headed upstairs when Michael came home and sat in the living room, talking and playing on our KINDLES until almost mid-night!!!

***MMR - Michael's Movie Reviews ***

1917 - this is a cinematic masterpiece. If it does not win an Oscar for cinema photography I will be shocked!  WWI is the setting, based on a true story, the movie follows two English soldiers trying to get a message to another general to try to stop them from going into a trap. It is a tense journey to say the least. They have to sneak through enemy lines, dodge bombs, and German soldiers. A great movie, similar to “They will not be forgotten “ a super documentary about WWI. I give it 4 1/2 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.