Sunday, January 19, 2020

2 new QoV's cut, deer, FMCP kick-off


Michael was up at 7 AM on Saturday (1/18) to make his omelet and head out the door for golf, and I followed at 7:30.  

My 2 sewing tables are looking pretty empty and clean…just the way I like it  :~).  I still had 4 fat quarters laying about, and got them cut for my leaders and enders project: 


If I don’t think I have enough projects by the time QUAP is here, I’ll throw the leaders and enders into my project box.  After that I couldn’t resist and decided to cut out fabric for a new QoV pattern I am trying out:  


I put it in my project box….I’ll sew it on retreat….tweak the directions if needed and that will be that, I'll have a new pattern to throw into the rotation!!  By then it was 11 AM and I was pretty hungry, so I headed upstairs and made a quick pizza for brunch:


Since I had all of my fabric out, I quickly cut out another QoV for the project box!!!  (BG - this will be "L" Patriotic....I haven't made one of those in a long time.)


I had visitors while I was cutting....it is always a shock to look up and see them so close:













I know I talked about finishing the blocks for my Thursday project a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to try laying them out to see how the quilt would look:  



I'm getting a secondary pattern with the dark greens and dark pinks.  I think I like it…the only downside is that when I started to sew it together, the thread on my machine kept breaking and breaking.  I don’t think I have it threaded wrong, but I don’t know….I’ll have to touch base with Loree and Reg to see what’s going on with this machine.  

By then it was close to dinnertime and after Michael and I ate our leftovers, we picked up Anne and headed to a local church for the kick-off of the 2020 season for Fort Mill Community Playhouse.  They had lots of food: 


and a silent and live auction.  






Michael bid on (and won) a wine/cheese/chocolate basket and we enjoyed some of it once we were home  :~).

Remeber this:


You may think you're remembering, but actually it is new...this is BG's dragonfly wall hanging.  Yes, it has all of the same fabrics as mine, but they're in a different arrangement...and it is functioning as a curtain in front of one of her windows.  She said I talk her into the craziest things...but we are both so very glad that we made these!!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.