Saturday, January 11, 2020

pancakes & Paula, this and that, Show & Tell from Janice


Michael left for golf here at SCCL on Friday (1/10) and Paula came down to try out the new pancake recipe:  




They were definitely fluffier than the first ones….but took a much L_O_N_G_E_R time to cook...I think I liked them better.  The determining factor will be how they reheat…the first recipe reheated perfectly in the toaster.  

After breakfast we headed over to Hobby Lobby and I got backing (40% off 108’’ wide) for one of my quilts (ok June, I'm ready to load up now) and also some organizing boxes, while Paula got a package of needles.  I was home just after 10 AM, ready to start my crafting day!!  

At one point during the day, I had my embroidery machine: 


my longarm: 


and my regular sewing machine: 



all going at once….always a harrowing experience  :~).  But by the time I quit for the day, the quilting on my charm square quilt was done:  


I had made 2 quilt labels: 


and I had almost all of the binding on one side of the last 2 baby quilts (I need another strip of fabric for want of about 5 inches!!!).

We SKYPE-d with the kids over the holidays and got a few pics of AJ wearing the sweater I made (way too big for her right now):



And all of the good show and tell comes from Janice today.  Remember the porch chair pillows she was working on last time she was here?  Well, they are all done and they look FABULOUS (the "G" is for Gagnon):


And she took home my tree skirt scraps....and the resulting scrap quilt is just going to be gorgeous (at least to me it is...she has 6 blocks done):




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.