Saturday, January 25, 2020

Our baby is home!!


We were hoping to pick Cookie up on Friday morning (1/24), but her platelets and packed blood volume are still too low.  She is still in danger of having a spontaneous bleed out.  We were talking to the vet about eventually bringing her home and the vet said she was encouraged because Cookie was finally eating.  It seems they’ve been trying to feed Cookie soft food (like the bowl they gave me for her when I went to visit), but she is having none of it….she likes her crunchy dry.  The vet is worried about it cutting up her mouth, so we’ll try to work something out when she comes home….but the vet was amazed that Cookie prefers the crunchy cry over the wet.  

Michael’s golf was called off as it has been raining pretty hard, and the course is a mess.  Connie: 


came by for a visit in the morning and that was delightful and by early afternoon it had stopped raining for a bit and Michael headed to the course and got in 9 holes.  I started to baste a customer quilt: 

isn't this backing gorgeous!!!



but I had pleats in the backing, so I had to rip it all out.  

After that I felt kind of paralyzed once again…..waiting for the phone call about Cookie.  She seems so much better, but having a vet say to you that she was still in danger of bleeding out since her platelets and packed red cells seem to be regenerating agonizingly slowly, just kind of knocks you for a loop.  

I did finish the second book in my series….I’m reading books by Phyllis Richman and am sorry that she has only written 3, since I’ve really enjoyed the first 2.  

After 4 PM we got another call, and even though Cookie’s platelets are still very low, they thought she could come home…..we raced to get her:  









Michael said it was like coming home with a heart transplant patient as we have 8 different medications to give at different times:


that all have to be given at different times, so I made a spreadsheet to keep us on track:  


We spent a quiet evening watching TV and Cookie 





to make sure she was doing ok.

2 comments:

  1. So good to see Cookie back I. Her own environment! Can’t believe that spreadsheet of meds!
    am143 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our baby is home and we love her!!! and You!!

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.