Friday, January 24, 2020

SHQ Show & Tell, Janice's quilt


My honey packed my car to the gills on Thursday morning (1/23) before I picked up Paula and headed off to quilting.  It was charity day today….that means there are always many fewer people attending, but a delightful group of ladies had good looking show and tell: 









I started my snowball quilt last year at the QUAP retreat.  June took my itty bitty triangle cut offs and created a quilt from them.  She wanted to show both of our quilts together, so I got mine quilted and took it in:

isn't this incredible?????


Paula and I hit Second Chance to drop off some donations on the way home, and then sat in the car and talked for quite awhile.  Once I got home I talked to my honey for quite awhile as well….so didn’t get anything done  :~).  

Michael left for rehearsal at 5:15 PM and Paula arrived at 6 PM for our date!  We watched YESTERDAY…the movie about The Beatles music and she really enjoyed it (it was the second time for me and I loved it as well as the first time).  My honey was home just as the movie ended (perfect timing) and after Paula left for home, my honey and I settled in for a bit of TV before bed.

And Janice's quilt is totally finished and is now the focal point of the bedroom.  Her quilt is reversible:

she's been collecting fabrics ever since they knew they would be moving to the beach in retirement



1 comment:

  1. I like the first iteration of Janice's quilt the best!

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.