Thursday, January 16, 2020

Snowball quilting done, doctor's visit


My honey left around 9 AM on Wednesday (1/15) for another golf lesson, while I headed downstairs.  I had set up the program and wound bobbins for my snowball quilt Tuesday night, so it was easy to kick that off first thing (Janice, recognize the pattern??):  





I found a variegated pastel thread that Michael approved of as well, so that's what I used.  I really need to spend a bit of time thinking about what I want to take on our QUAP retreat (which is now only 4 weeks and 3 days away), but I’m still trying to clean up a few quilts first.  

I made black binding and started to sew it on the charm square quilt:  


What a difference to go from those tiny baby quilts to a long single bed quilt!!!!  The binding takes forever!!  

I stopped at NOON to do intake on a new customer quilt, and at 2:30 to head out to my doctor’s appointment, but otherwise the entire day was binding and quilting….sounds perfect doesn’t it (well no, not exactly…..to be perfect there would be a lot of piecing in there as well!!!)  

I just LOVED my doctor’s visit (for a change).  He was SO EXCITED by how much I lowered my A1C and told me I was now in the normal range and gave me a hug.  He swung his computer screen around to show me the huge DROP on my weight chart (I’m down 20 pounds since I saw him last) and all in all was very happy with me.  We also discussed a few things going on with my muscles and he had a potential diagnosis.  All in all I was very happy by the time I left and I think he was as well.  He is a super doctor and Michael and I both love him!  Usually I don’t ever want to visit him because I know he will not be happy with my weight or my blood sugar….but he truly was impressed and told me what a terrific job I was doing…totally motivating to keep it up!!  We negotiated….he wanted to see me again in 3 months (my cholesterol is still slightly elevated)…and I got him up to 4 months :~).  

By the time I got home, I joined my honey downstairs.  He finished up his computer work and decided to have an early dinner....I call these pictures 'waiting for dad', as there was a mad rush for the stairs the minute he stood up:




By the time I headed upstairs to watch TV, the binding was all done on one side of the charm square quilt, and I had a label done:  

sorry, never got a finished pic

and my quilting on the snowball quilt was finished:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.