Tuesday, January 7, 2020

4 baby quilts off of frame, blocks & strata top done


My honey was up at 6 AM on Monday (1/6), even though he didn’t leave until close to 9 AM!!!  

I made my way to my studio….knowing my first priority was getting the quilts off of my frame.  I have a longarm friend coming Tuesday afternoon….and we usually load up something and learn from one another.  Well, in order to load I’ve got to have an empty frame as well as backing and batting for a new quilt….so that was my focus Monday morning and early afternoon and just like that, BING!!   


BAM!!!   


BOING!!!    


BA-ZOOM!!!!!  


Four more quilts were added to the to-be-bound pile (which now totals SEVEN!!)  Even Ethel won't sleep on this too high pile....she went over to check it out, but gave up!!!  I really wanted to start on binding at least one of them, but I need more bobbins.  The machine I bought only had 2 bobbins with it….so Reg is kindly researching which bobbins I should buy.  

I did get 2 labels made:


so that when I get an empty bobbin I can wind on some gray and take off.

I pulled out some green fabric and sewed 2 swaths onto 2 sides of my design wall quilt: 


and I’m calling it good.  I've decided I'm definitely keeping this quilt for myself to take naps in the studio  :~).  

Remember this quilt? 


(I made this top when I visited Janice in her hew home)…well, it needed borders, so I worked on that.  Michael left at 6:15 for rehearsal and I continued to work until he got home just before 10 PM.  By then I had the borders on:  


and I started work on the patriotic one.  Since I have all of the blocks done for the newest patriotic pattern, I thought I would sew those together, but am now considering some sashing.  I agree with one commenter who said all of the layouts were very busy looking.  I keep thinking of the (generally) older men who get these quilts, and I think it needs to be a bit quieter:


Since most of my friends are quilters, I thought you’d appreciate this Quilter’s Resolution:

A Quilter’s New Year’s Resolution

My 2020 New Year’s Resolution is
to finish all the quilt projects
from 2019 that I should have
completed in 2018
after starting them in 2017
from fabric I bought in 2016
while having the patterns
for them since 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.