Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Cooking Fingers Soup Cook Off


I was up at 4 AM on Monday morning (1/13) to get my Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot.  Paula wanted to have a soup cook off for her Cooking Fingers meeting, and asked if I would make a soup.  I wanted it to have time to cook before our 10:30 meeting, hence the 4 AM machinations in the kitchen  :~).  I went back to bed after that and got up at a much more reasonable time.

Paula came by to the pick up the soup around 9:15 AM, and Anne came by to pick me up at 10:15.  Everything was wonderful….we had 5 different soups to taste: Italian Wedding Soup, Shrimp Chowder, Avoglomengo, Minestrone, Tortellini.  




I thought the Shrimp Chowder was wonderful….and it came in second place.  

 My honey's golf was cancelled due to rain, so he got to relax at home for the day.  He said he got some drawing done, and ran through his lines.  

When I got home it was nose to the grindstone for binding once again.  While I was downstairs, my honey also came down to play pool:




Pat stopped by for a visit in the afternoon and Cookie refused to leave her alone:  





Michael left at 5:15 PM for rehearsal, and by the time he was home I had both bindings on the back of both QoV quilts.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Which soup placed first in the cook off?
    2) I don't think I've ever seen your pool table being used for pool before....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.