Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Janice here, 'southern' quilt, Black Forest Cookie Cups


It was FREEZING Monday morning (1/20) and I think my honey was crazy to leave for golfing in Lancaster, but at 9 AM they were on their way.  

I basically moped around all morning, just waiting for a call from the animal hospital.  They finally called at 1 PM….Cookie is in a very precarious position…she is anemic and has almost no platelets…..they are 90% sure it is an autoimmune disease, but diagnosing that 100% is done by eliminating other things they can test for.  Between now and probably Wednesday morning she is in a very precarious position.  By Wednesday morning they hope her platelets will have started to come back, but between now and then she could bleed out.  She hasn’t eaten for 2 days.  I remember feeling this same terror when she was in the hospital as a puppy with parvo.  Nothing to do but pray…and I would accept any of yours!!!  

Janice got here:


just after I talked to the doctor, so I was still crying and she feared the worst….but she talked me down off of the ledge.  She is here to quilt her ‘southern’ quilt…it is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!  I want to go out and buy ALL of her fabrics.  She got the back loaded and the top all basted:


and (after a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to buy a king sized batting), we kicked it off.  





We stitched all afternoon and evening.  We took a break for dinner (Elephant Chicken Soup) and a visit from Paula, and by the end of the evening we were 3/4 of the way done with the quilting.  

After baking some rolls to go with Michael’s soup, I also made chocolate cookie cups:  


Michael filled them with cherry pie filling and they got topped with a little royal icing.  






These are a thank you for the golf course grounds crew and he will deliver them Tuesday morning on his way to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.