Saturday, January 18, 2020

bread, B=D totally finished, 3 QoV's given out!!


We had a lazy Friday morning (1/17) getting up late, having a relaxing breakfast and reading the paper.  I got my bread dough shaped and on its second rise and finally headed downstairs around 10:30 AM.  Luckily Michael feels totally comfortable baking the bread:  



I didn’t sew for very long when Michael and I decided to have a ‘date afternoon’ instead of a date night.  We handed out two half loaves of bread on our way out of the neighborhood to head to Charlotte to see KNIVES OUT.  You should definitely go and see this movie….a who-done-it that is lots of fun with lots of twists and turns…you won’t know what’s really going on until the very end  :~).  

My honey took me to dinner at APPLEBEES on the way home (he had chicken parmesan, while I had grilled chicken on a Caesar salad and they were both good), but neither one of us had our phones on us….so no pics  :~).  

We were home around 6 PM and I got to sew for a bit and finally finish the binding on a quilt I am very proud of:  




One of the best things about this quilt is NO matching of seams until you are sewing your rows to each other.  This will be a BEDS=DREAMS quilt donation.  

I know I mentioned that I recently finished my Thursday project, so I have a number of blocks ready to be laid out and sewn together.  I thought of putting them into my project box for QUAP, but they are really too big to fit, so I think I have to lay them out and sew them together at home:




Instead, I think I'll throw these blocks in:


with a bolt of black so that I can add sashing in between each one.

I ended upstairs by 8 PM to snuggle in with my honey and watch a bit of TV before bed.  

You know, in my younger days I was quite the shoe maven.  I regularly wore 4’’ heels to work and had shoes in every color of the rainbow.  Alas, those days are long gone, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still totally appreciate this picture Mary Jo sent to me:  




Aren't those ADORABLE?!?!!?  Two of my loves together.....I LOVE them!!!  

And in other good news, several of my Quilts of Valor have been given out at the American Legion recently.  This is Richard G, who was in the Air Force.:


And this is Glenn T, who was in the Army:



And this is Tony P (I was really surprised/happy to see this picture as it's one of my meighbors!!), who was in the Navy:



2 comments:

  1. American Legion Post 250 was honored to present Deb's quilts to these deserving Veterans. We hope to make this a tradition in recognizing those that serve and have served.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the quiltiest!!!

    Love You

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.