Monday, January 27, 2020

Cookie, OBW started, new rainbow quilt started, Evelyn & Larry


We got to SKYPE with AJ Sunday morning (1/26), while Cookie was basking in the sun:  



After that I headed to the studio to begin to cut my One Block Wonder triangles.  If I sewed only on those, I believe it could take me the entire QUAP retreat to complete them!!!  I think I need to do them just a bit at a time so I don't get totally bored!!  Hereafter, when I’m talking about these blocks or this quilt…I’m just gonna type OBW…..you’ll see it as it progresses.  I made a bit of a dent in cutting them and lining them up in my plastic bin: 




but eventually my hand got tired of cutting and I had to do something else for a bit.  Michael came down to look at his emails and Cookie came down as well:





I set up my machine and started to sew on one of my new rainbow patterns:  






This thing REALLY hurts my brain to layout (I always have trouble laying out 1/2 square triangles), but I persevered while Anne was visiting with Cookie:  



Anne left around 4 PM and Michael and I got cleaned up and headed out.  

Evelyn & Larry asked us out to dinner: 



so we picked them up at 5 PM and headed to Los Aztecas.  I had enchiladas crema which were excellent, while Michael had a Hawaiian quesadilla, which he also liked.  

We were home before 7 PM (didn’t want to leave Cookie for too long) and I sewed a tiny bit more: 



before joining my honey and my puppy upstairs.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so happy and thankful to see Cookie at home again....and your new rainbow is coming together nicely!!When I first saw the pattern, it didn't stir any desire to make it, but so far it seems fairly quick to sew the blocks. I may change my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ev and Larry were so sweet to us!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.