Sunday, January 13, 2019

Wild Rice w/ Autumn Veggies soup


I spent a good bit of time in the kitchen Saturday morning (1/12) getting a new soup in the crockpot (Wild Rice with Autumn Vegetables):  

onions

celery

look at that browned flavor!

sweet potato

baby bella mushrooms, which also got sauteed

chicken, which was removed after cooking, shredded and added back in

wild rice

carrots

and a bunch of spices

Can’t wait to see how it comes out for dinner….it had a lot of good reviews…of course I had to tweak it just a tiny bit  :~).  

After that I headed to my studio.  My goal for today is to get a huge chunk of quilting done on the latest FPF.  I got 2 rows done when Kristen (gal who is thinking of buying my long arm) was here days ago, and nothing since.  Some of that was because I wanted the secret project totally done, and some of it is procrastination… worrying about what might go wrong.  But by 11 AM I was stitching away:  


And I had a chance to stop and enjoy the smurf-a-licious breakfast sandwich my honey made me:  


I continued to quilt all afternoon (I'm over 1/2 way done now), while also trying to pull together a small fleece embroidered blanket for a make-a-wish recipient.  I just tried to get the blanket cut and discovered that I definitely need a new wavy blade in one of my cutters  :~(.

We had that wonderful soup for dinner (while also running quarts over to our neighbors Joe and Bryce) and also got in a SKYPE session with AJ:  



After that it was our regular evening of a bit of reading, then TV and beading.

Want to know how the government shut down (now I believe the longest in history) affects you?  https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/683642605/how-is-the-shutdown-affecting-america-let-us-count-the-ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.