Sunday, January 27, 2019

breakfast sandwich, sausage soup, onion rolls, Ann Mary & Jim


Michael was up early on Saturday (1/26) to head out for golf, but since he had a frost delay he had time to made me a smurfy breakfast before leaving:  


I hopped up early as I had a lot to get done as well.  I got Barb W’s Sausage Soup in the crockpot 



and started some bread dough before heading to my studio.  I had a customer quilt on the frame to get done, so I started working on the pattern.  My machine was acting very erratically and somehow the screens looked different than they normally do and it took me a bit of time to figure out I was still in simulation mode.  But, I finally got a new quilting pattern loaded up, wound bobbins and kicked off the stitching.  



I quilted all day and by dinnertime, the quilt was done:  



I also got a good start on putting the binding on one side of a recently finished Beds=Dreams quilt.  

Ann Mary & Jim 


arrived at 6 PM bearing sausage bread (OMgoodness….. Jim makes this and it is positively yummy!) and dessert.  I only baked 1/2 of my dough into a loaf of bread (we haven’t had sandwich bread in the house for weeks!) 


and I made 1/2 of the rest into onion rolls for dinner.  


I still have 1/4 of the dough for pizza dough....soon I hope  :~).

We sat and talked and talked and talked (and maybe snuggled a kitty or 2)


before finally stopping for Ann Mary’s Lemon Ricotta Cake with strawberries and whipped cream.  




It was a wonderful and relaxing evening and we watched TV for just a bit after they left, before bed.

And another thoughtful essay from John Pavlovitz (writer, pastor, and activist from Wake Forest, North Carolina) about people in this country who are still defending the totally indefensible
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/12/good-people-dont-defend-bad-man/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.