Friday, January 25, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


We awoke to another gloomy day on Thursday (1/24), I’m not sure the ground is ever going to dry out!  Michael packed the car for quilting and I picked up Paula and off we went.  I got a good bit of sewing done and feel like I will complete my Thursday project next week, so I’ll need to figure out what I’m working on the following week for our 2 day retreat!  

We had great show and tell: 

this wasn't exactly show and tell...Mary Ann was laying out her quilt and I LOVED the layout and totally plan to steal it  :~)

Robin - all finished with blocks from last week's class, made into a table runner

and a really cute apron

BJ also had her blocks done from class

But Paula was the real superstar.....she finished all 44 pieced blocks from last week's class and got her quilt top sewn together, quilted and bound for this week's show and tell:



Jeanne started this quilt last March....this is HAND embroidered!!


and she also had a very cute baby quilt top

When we walked outside to come home, there was beautiful blue sky and the temps got up to 63 degrees!!!  We got home around 2 PM after stopping at CVS and the library.  I putzed around in the basement with Michael, both of us running our emails and talking, and eventually I got more dark blue cut to finish my Thursday project.  Michael took us out to 521 BBQ for dinner (we haven’t been in forever) and when we got home around 6:30 I decided I had better write most of my blog entry for Friday as I will be leaving early in the AM for the Quilt Show in Stateville.

I also started to cut out a new QoV before heading upstairs to watch TV and go to bed early  :~).

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the half log cabin pattern in all the different colors. I definitely want to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.