Friday, January 18, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell, the BIG REVEAL!!!


Considering that I have a cold, I have still been getting a decent night’s sleep, so I felt pretty good when I got up on Thursday (1/17).  I have an ugly sounding, barking cough, but I really feel fine and am so very grateful for that.  I got my blog out and got the car loaded before heading out to pick up Paula and head to quilting.  

I taught a class on the 1/2 Log Cabin quilt:


and I think everyone enjoyed it.  By the end of the class people seemed to understand everything….even if there were a few hiccups along the way  :~).  I guess we really missed each other not having quilting last week because people brought in TONS of breakfast food to celebrate:  




We had lots show & tell: 

Sandy D with a quilt of valor

Floy for Beds=Dreams

Susie with another top of teeny tiny pieces

here's a close up

Pam with a beautiful quilt of valor

Pam with a shadow quilt

June finished quilting BG's hummingbirds, so this will be traveling back to CT

And of course....I finally got to the BIG REVEAL:

a 3D heart pillow modeled on the 3D Christmas tree pillow




I think one of the ladies liked it so much that she might try it!!

And a sweater for AJ (that I've GOT to get in the mail soon!!):


When I got home at 2 PM I immediately headed to my fainting couch to try to get in nap.  I wasn’t very successful, but at least I rested before heading out at 3:30 PM to the Fort Mill Community Playhouse.  I met with Martha (president) and Leslie (auction coordinator) to go over what should be live and what should be silent at the event Saturday night.  

I was finally home at 6:30 (a dark and stormy night driving on Doby’s Bridge Road is NOT my idea of fun!!) and I was a total vegetable on the couch for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Think that is my favorite QofV so far! Love it!
    AM143^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. pillow came out nice and I'm sure AJ and parents will LOVE the sweater. Looks very much their style. Thanks for all the show and tell photos. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.