Monday, January 28, 2019

Sopapillas, Joyce's quilt finished, new QoV cut


Michael got to make his gas housers for breakfast on Sunday(1/27); he loves to do that when the bread is really fresh!  I had 2 eggs over easy and over Jim’s sausage bread….yum!!!  

Then it was slaving over a hot oven for several hours as I made 80 more servings (that's four 9'' by 13'' pans) of Sopapillas for Cooking Fingers tomorrow:  

before baking

and after

I really was kind of beat after that and took a quick nap and finally made it to my studio around 2 PM.  I worked on Joyce’s quilt and got it off of the frame and all cleaned up 



before setting up my embroidery machine for labels:  




While those were stitching out, I couldn’t work on my binding on the first quilt as I needed to the label to continue, so I started to cut out fabric for more Quilts of Valor.  I do not have any completed quilts in the house, and that is making me nervous (ya never know when you might want to chase after a car with a military decal….right BG??), so I need to work on some.   I got one cut out: 

before my honey got home from rehearsal by 9 PM with small FROSTIES from WENDY”S so we ate those while vegging in front of the TV.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I like to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.