Thursday, January 10, 2019

new QoV started, leaders & enders continue, AJ


Michael headed out for golf on Wednesday (1/9), while I sat down with my tea to SKYPE with Janice.  She got to see the ‘secret project’ and liked it, and I got to see the top of her completed table runner.  I got my blog out after SKYPE-ing and had a bit of breakfast before finally settling down to cutting around 11 AM.  

I worked on my strata for the new QoV all day (Michael was home at 3 PM with an 85) and by the time he left for rehearsal I had my strata all sewn: 


and several blocks cut:  


I was also continuing with my HST’s as leaders and enders and so my design wall went from this: 


to this: 


to this:  


I was supposed to go to the Charlotte Guild with Diane, in part to meet 2 new ladies, but both of the ladies had to drop out and I haven’t sewn nearly as much as I wanted this week, so I stayed home and worked while Michael was at rehearsal.  When Michael came home he definitely sounded worse (he’s starting into a cold/respiratory thing) so we just relaxed on the couch and went to bed early.

And more cuteness for today:


Before the sad facts...
Though I know most Republicans will refuse to believe it, it is no surprise to the rest of us that Trump just reiterated the same old lies about the border wall, (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-oval-office-address-border-wall_us_5c342e40e4b05d4e96bb7b6d)

and he’s proud of the government shut down.  Of course, he does not have to worry as do the other 800,000 workers who have not been paid since December 22, and won’t be paid until the government is back in business.  Could you go without getting that money for months or even years (he’s threatened to keep it up for years)?  No pension, no Social Security, no salary?  What is this person thinking?  It’s obvious to me he is not…he is like every other dictator out there….he wants what he wants and he will punish you until he gets it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.