Monday, January 14, 2019

pancakes, Minnie Mouse, new secret project


It seemed like we hadn’t had pecan pancakes for awhile for breakfast, so that was on the agenda Sunday morning (1/13).  





I also spent a long time in the kitchen making 4 pans of sopapillas for a Mexican themed Cooking Fingers on Monday.  


I was tired after being on my feet for so long, so I read my book and took a short nap for a bit before venturing downstairs around 2 PM.  

I kicked off Miss Scarlett and also started up my embroidery machine.  Can you tell what I’m stitching out for the Make a Wish Foundation?  



Someone is going to Disneyworld and she is crazy about Minnie Mouse, so I made a small fleece throw.

Once that was done I started on something else.  I’m going to be working on a secret project once again….now….don’t moan…this one will be a little different.  You’ll get to see what I’m working on, but not know what it is for until the very end.  The only bad thing about this project is that it will not help me use up much of my stash, as I will be looking through and using up my orphan blocks.  Here’s how far I got:  


recognize these BG???  They were lost on floor at retreat!




We had leftover Wild Rice Soup for dinner and Michael left for rehearsal.  It wasn’t until Mary Jo and I tried to talk around 6:30 that I realized why I had been so tired all day.  By then I definitely had a scratchy throat and had trouble talking without coughing :~(.  I called Paula, thank goodness I got all of the desserts done first thing…she will do my demo tomorrow.  I called Anne to let her know I wouldn’t see her at Cooking Fingers and she sprang into action!!!  She ran to CVS to pick up 2 different kinds of ZICAM for me.  This is supposed to help if you catch your cold early enough, so I am now using that.  Once Michael came home, I took a long hot-as-I-could-stand-it soak in the whirlpool tub and then slipped into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.