Thursday, January 3, 2019

Trellis quilt totally finished, Loree's necklace


My honey was up at 7 AM Wednesday morning (1/2) to head out at 9 for golf here at SCCL.  After about 45 minutes of work, I finally got my blog entry out and started to think about what to work on today.  My trellis quilt has been on the to-be-bound pile forever, and was being used as a bed by the kitties for most of that time.  In the spirit of cleaning up all of my UFO's, I spent 15 - 20 minutes (and many, many pieces of tape) getting every bit of kitty hair off of it, while stitching out a label 


and beginning to get it bound.  I worked on it all day and by dinnertime, it was totally done:  


I absolutely LOVE it!!!  This is the quilt that I told Michael what I wanted, and he drew it out on graph paper for me, and it will be donated to BEDS=DREAMS.  

After that I worked on one of the quilts on Miss Scarlett and got it totally cleaned up and ready to take to quilting tomorrow:  



Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, then I settled in to SKYPE with Janice for 1-1/2 hours.  I just watched TV for the rest of the evening.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, Loree has been down with a wicked cold and upper respiratory illness for over a week, but she finally felt well enough to get dressed up and take a picture of her new necklace.  I like the picture since you can really see the spiral on the necklace, which is what I particularly like (not to mention her pretty tree in the background!):



1 comment:

  1. Great rainbow quilt and necklace. You are so talented
    Love you....me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.