Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Cooking Fingers, Beds=Dreams totally finished

My honey was up early for golf on Monday (1/28) and I hopped up as well to get laundry in, my blog out, and get packed up to head up to Cooking Fingers.  It was a good meeting and I saw lots of friends I haven’t seen for quite awhile.  

the tables looked so pretty

Paula giving her opening spiel


Karen - our local insurance agent getting ready to make White Chicken Chili and cornbread muffins



The nicest thing to happen to me is that once the lunch was over and I was getting ready to leave, a woman approached me to tell me she appreciated all of my tips and that she had learned a lot from me over the years….that really put a smile on my face!  

I spent over an hour when I got home trying to fix my checkbook register and I had a new quilting customer stop by.  Unfortunately she had pinned her entire quilt layers together, and her backing was only an inch wider than her top, so I sent her home with my order form (which indicates what I need) and to take out all of those pins…hopefully I’ll see her again before the end of the week!  

I took a quick nap (energy still not 100% back) and had leftovers for dinner before my honey left for rehearsal and I continued to work on binding.  By the time Michael came home after 9 PM, I had one Beds=Dreams quilt totally finished:  


and I had cut another Quilt of Valor out:


Remember that Minnie Mouse I embroidered on a small fleece blanket?  Well, the MAKE A WISH foundation had the party for a little girl and she LOVED it:


Dar said she immediately lay down on the floor and covered herself with the blanket and said over and over again how soft it was...I'm so glad she liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.