Saturday, January 12, 2019

new QoV top finished, breakfast w/ the gals, wildlife in backyard


I was up at 6 AM Friday morning thanks to an alarm on Michael’s phone he forgot to shut off!!!  Actually, it turned out well as I got lots done.  I got the border on my newest QoV.  This is probably the last one I will make with a fleece backing.  I think I mentioned that I want to start making my QoV’s slightly bigger?  Well, I looked in my stash and I still have one piece of blue fleece left so I made this one to fit, but next time I will do a larger border or a double border.  I am really pleased with how this new pattern turned out…some of the blocks look like they’re floating, while the others alternate being bordered by either red or blue:  


I also got my last holiday vest pressed.  I showed a picture a couple of weeks ago of a group of vests that BG and I made that are being donated to teachers at the local elementary school.  Well, one of the vests was never top stitched, so first it needed pressing….a very fiddle-y job involving a pin pulling out an edge all along the outside between the vest fabric and the lining.  I got that completed and got showered and dressed and headed out before 9 AM for some errands and breakfast with the gals at Panera.  

Our breakfast was wonderful:  


front: Ann Mary & Ginny, back: Gale & Sally

and the fact that we were out as opposed to at Sally’s home didn’t interfere in the least with us talking until NOON :~).  After that I headed to Hobby Lobby, ALDI’s, Loree’s (to drop off a book) and Joyce’s (to drop off fabric for a ‘reading pillow’ for AJ) and was finally home after 1 PM.  

I continued to work on the secret project.  Michael came down for a bit and we had wildlife company in the backyard:  It was actually a mother and baby, but I never got a shot of the baby  :~(:  





By dinnertime my secret project was completely done and I am thrilled with it!  It turned out exactly as I had envisioned and I can hardly wait for Show & Tell at quilting next week before it is donated to the Fort Mill Playhouse auction.  I will be the auctioneer again this year and I am hoping to see lots of friendly faces in the audience next Saturday.  

Michael made dinner for us….he found a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese in the pantry and cut up the last of our ham in it…..so simple…so nostalgic…..so yummy!!!  I spent a tiny bit of time after dinner in the studio, looking through my orphan blocks.  I found some blocks from my fruit table cloth, and will be making a tiny runner to fit in the middle of our table, among the placemats:  



Why do I only notice the layout is wrong AFTER I look at the picture today?  Anyway, after laying them out, I headed upstairs for beading and TV.  Michael is still trying to get in some extra sleep to get over this cold, so we went to bed just after 10 PM.

A few other things going on:

day 1

day 14

day 21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.