Wednesday, January 23, 2019

deer!, HST's continue moving on


It was FREEZING when we got up on Tuesday morning (1/22)…in the low 20’s…..brrrrrr.  Michael tells me we’re in a polar vortex of some kind….hope those daffodils from the other day survive it  :~).  

I spent an hour in the studio totally finishing up the 2 Beds=Dreams quilts:  


Now I just have to get binding and labels made.  I also got a customer quilt loaded up before Michael and I left around 10:30 AM.  I had a teeth cleaning appointment at the dentist, and he dropped me off before heading to BJ’s to get a bunch of kitchen items.  We stopped at ALDI’s on the way home (I have a demo at Cooking Fingers on Monday and needed to pick up supplies) and also swung by Joyce’s house to pick up another customer quilt before getting home around 12:30 PM.  I finally got my first customer quilt all basted before Anne swung by with our lunch around 2:30!  The crab truck was back:  

so she had a crab cake with crab bisque poured over it, I had a crab cake sandwich and Michael had bisque.  Everything was yummy and we talked for quite awhile after our late lunch.  Michael was downstairs at the time, and got a lot of wildlife shots in the backyard:  






I headed downstairs and was finally able to start quilting around 4 PM:  



Due to our late lunch neither one of us wanted dinner, and after Michael left at 6 PM for rehearsal, I stayed downstairs and finished up my quilting.  I also had this pile of stuff from trimming the 2 quilts:  


This is the kind of stuff that always builds up and overwhelms me, so I made myself get it all cleaned up before working on anything else.  After that I continued to work on my HST’s and made significant progress:  




Michael brought home small dishes of ice cream and we enjoyed those while watching TV for about an hour before bed at 11.

Michael also got some videos of the deer:



2 comments:

  1. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. encino moving company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! moving services in studio city

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.