Friday, January 4, 2019

SHQ show & tell


I was up early on Thursday (1/3) to make a dessert for quilting.  Paula has scheduled a Mexican theme for Cooking Fingers this month and asked me to make dessert.  I wanted to try it out before I make 80 servings for the club, so I made EASY SOPAPILLAS for our quilting luncheon:  


By then it was time to get everything packed in the car and head out.  I headed out before 9 AM so that I could stop and return yarn to Anne and also to stop at the library since I couldn’t after quilting.  

We had a wonderful and loud time at quilting after being off for 2 weeks…show and tell was wonderful:

Jeanne was on fire with several very cute table runners

I love this one....so different!


Sue snuck away from Christmas company to get in a bit of hand quilting

this was made by Jerri's granddauter

Mary Ann is trying to suck me into doing another Christmas tree....I LOVE it!

one of our prayers & squares quilts
and the food….OMgoodness…the food was fabulous (of course, once again I neglected to get any pictures  :~).  

I went straight from quilting to a meeting at the Lake House.  I recently volunteered to be a part of a committee which will be revising the manual we use to govern and direct all of our clubs.  The meeting started at 2 PM and I didn’t get home until just after 4!!!  It was our initial meeting and I believe on the whole, it went well.  I got to talk to Paula for a bit when I got home, but I had no energy after my day out and sat and read for a long time.  I just had a snack for dinner (still full from the wonderful lunch) and finally around 9 PM I got a bit of energy back and got a bit of beading done while watching TV with my honey.

I have to show you an incredible art project.  My Florida friend Inez (remember, the woman who came here for vacation for a week and worked like a dog in the kitchen baking and baking every day???) just finished a bit of Christmas art.  She wanted something special for her house, and this is done with acrylics on canvas:


I cannot believe just how good this is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.