Tuesday, September 13, 2016

newest Clinton quilt, Mary Ann's quilt, beau coup Cookie & Else


Michael was up at 6 AM for golfing on Monday (9/12) and I followed shortly afterwards.  I knew it would take a long time to get my blog entry out…and it did, but once it was done I continued to work on my newest quilt. 

I didn’t want to start quilting Mary Ann’s quilt on Miss Scarlett until after Paula and I tried to score a reservation from the Greenway Restaurant.  This is the cooking college that I’ve been to before with several friends and reservations start at 9 AM, and are all gone by 9:05!!!  (You can read about our previous visits here:  http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2015/06/paula-kathy-mary-lunch-at-cpcc-elsie.html and here:  http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2016/02/lunch-at-greenway-restaurant-at-cpcc.html and here:  http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2016/06/lunch-at-greenway-restaurant.html )  Sometimes when I am actually quilting…I can’t just walk away from it, so I waited until after Paula and I called…AND WE GOT OUR RESERVATONS!!!!  It was all over by 9:02 and my heart was pounding through the whole thing :~).  If you’ve read about the previous lunches, you can understand why Paula and I try so hard to get in!  Anyway, once I was off the phone, Jan called to tell me it was “National Chocolate Milkshake Day”.  We decided 10 AM was a little early to celebrate, so we just talked for an hour and made plans to get together in the afternoon.  After that it was back to quilting on Mary Ann’s quilt…



it took me quite awhile to get the program set up the way I wanted, but I got 5 rows done before stopping.  I stopped because Pat had called to say that she and Lisa (her daughter) were on their way to SAM’s CLUB.  I asked her to stop at Chic-fil-a on the way back and get chocolate milkshakes for all….so they came over around 1:30 and Jan came over and we all sat in the living room, sipping our shakes and celebrating the day :~).  I barely got downstairs after they left when Michael came home.  I asked how golf was and he said “golf was pretty darn good”!  He shot a 43 on the front nine at Stonebridge and THRITY-SIX (with THREE BIRDIES) on the back, for a scorching SEVENTY-NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He was one happy dude.  I continued to quilt in the afternoon and got 5 rows of my quilt together: 





and then spent time ripping and putting it back together correctly :~), along with laying out the next set: 



Michael left around 6 PM for a theatre board meeting and I stayed downstairs, quilting on Mary Ann’s quilt until he got home at 9:30.

only 6 rows to go!
I had lovely company while I was working: 






By the time Michael got home, I was really pooped…it had been a long day…and we watched TV for just a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.