Friday, September 16, 2016

Retreat Day at Scrap Happy Quilters!


Michael was up at 6 AM on Thursday (9/15) and he let me sleep in until 7 AM.  He went golfing here at SCCL for the day (and came home with an 88…not bad at all  :~) and I headed off to quilting….it was REATREAT(!) Day.  He had packed the car on Wednesday night, so I was all set to go once I had a shower and made my morning tea.  I had errands to run on my way to quilting…but they went much quicker than I expected, so I got to quilting a bit early.  The retreat was to run from 9 AM until 5 PM.  When I walked into the Fellowship Hall, our retreat committee was in full swing getting things ready:

Diane, June N, June R, Vicki (missing is Susie G)

And it was absolutely beautiful; we had goodie bags:  


lots of prizes:  



and beautiful decorations:






















Even the bathroom was decorated:



We had scrumptious food for breakfast (bagels, muffins, fruit galore, mini-quiches (that were yummy!)





We settled down to sew after breakfast…but were frequently (but delightfully) interrupted for raffle prize drawings, to play QUILT-O (BING-O for quilters), and to wander around to see what everyone else was working on.  We gathered to pray
















before a wonderful lunch of soups & salad, fruit & desserts: 









and had more fun in the afternoon (including snack bags for a little pick-me-up):


before leaving…happy and exhausted….by 5 Pm.  Thirty-two busy, happy women, putting all of their love and care into gifts for others: 

Floy & Faye & Penny

Loree (in the way back) then Jeri, Jerri, Robin & Patsy

Mary C & Mary B

Debra B & Carolina at the front

Linda M & Eileen

Jeanne, Denise, Sandy, Willa, Joan, Mary Ann

Sandy B & Willa & Joan

Jan & Donna & Leslie



Diane

Some people finished projects:

Sue S

Robin

































When I came home and told Michael all about the retreat…I just kept repeating: it was so lovely….it was so lovely…it really was an absolutely perfect day.  I was sure I would take a nap when I got home (as I usually do after quilting), but somehow after sitting quietly and reading my book for an hour, I got a second wind and headed downstairs to sew a bit on my Rainbow Rectangles.  I came back upstairs at 8 PM…Michael made popcorn and we watched a 2 hour special on BUILDING STAR TREK…a perfect ending to the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.