Tuesday, September 20, 2016

new Chocolate towel, quesadilla (again!), Rainbow Rectangle - black layout

Michael was up at 5:30 Monday morning (9/19) for golf (he is just crazy!!) and left just after 7 AM.  I was up at 7 and it took an hour to get my blog entry out (I hate when I don’t write ANY notes the day before…and have to re-create what always seems like a very busy day!!)  After that I had chocolate meeting minutes to get out, and those took another hour.  But I finally got to do some fun stuff….I got another towel embroidered for one of my Chocolate Event Committee Members:  


and while that was stitching out, I got my patriotic quilt basted down.  By then it was 9:45 and I managed a quick shower before heading up to the Lake House for our volunteer meeting.  The meeting was over just before NOON, so I made a quick stop at the vet’s (to drop off cleaned prescription bottles for recycling) , and ran through the grocery store to get a few things as well.  I was starving when I got home, and made another quick quesadilla (I was out of tomatoes, so I threw in a handful of spinach):  

jalapeno cheese & onions

a handful of spinach

cheese to hold on the top tortilla

the top tortilla

yum!!!
I had time to belt that down before heading back to the Lake House for the Machine Embroidery meeting.  I got home from that around 3:30 and Michael ran with me to drop off the RED BOX movie and to pick up some new books from the library.  Two people have now asked me about these books, so I’m letting you know…they are murder mysteries and the protagonist runs a donut shop.  She puts recipes in the books…and all I want to do is make donuts!  The author is Jessica Beck, and the 3 books I just picked up are: Evil Eclairs, Tragic Toppings and Killer Crullers.  Each one is a very cute and easy read.  If you need a list of all of the titles in order, just let me know.  Anyway, when we got home from that I finally got a chance to give Ginny a call.  I haven’t heard from her in quite awhile and was worried that she was sick.  She is just fine (but very busy) so we had a nice long talk and I am definitely planning to visit her once her re-model is complete!  After that Michael and I both headed downstairs and I finished cutting my strata for the next quilt:  


I laid out the first row of Rainbow Rectangles – black: 


then got my spacing right on all of my row “1’s”.  
















Then it was a simple matter (but took a long time because the construction is “bargello like” with lots of ripping and re-sewing) to layout the rest of the quilt…I LOVE having a design wall!  







Well…it seemed like it should be a simple matter….but even though I cut exactly the same number of colored strips as I did for the first one….it seems like I don’t have enough of certain colors  :~(.  I finally got tired of looking at it to figure out what I might have done wrong…and headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey.  I decided to give my eyes and brain a rest and tackle it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.