Monday, September 26, 2016

binding pile, FMCP play, dinner with Pat & George


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (9/25) and I headed downstairs to get a few things done before breakfast.  The good news is…I got both patriotic quilts off of Miss Scarlett, trimmed and the bobbin ends woven in.  The bad news is, they’ve joined the 4 high quilt pile of things that need binding  :~( 


By then Michael was home and I joined him for breakfast on the deck.  I looked at my calendar for the week while I was eating and OH BOY…it’s going to be one of those cranky weeks…I am out every night :~(.  We’re doing concessions at Fort Mill this afternoon, then Pat & George invited us over for dinner.  Tomorrow I have a meeting in the morning about my cooking demo, then martini club in the evening (for which I haven’t made up my trivia questions yet).   Tuesday night Michael will be out at the movies, and I will be at Jan’s, packing up more of Walt’s clothes.  Wednesday night I will be going to a “favorite things" party in the evening.  Thursday is quilting during the day, a meeting at 4:30 with our financial planner then dinner out with him and Lynn.   Friday night we’re going to a play with Pat & George and Saturday night Michael wants to go to see a singing group at FMCP.  I swear I am NOT leaving the house for anything next Sunday  :~).  After breakfast I sewed and sewed on the Rainbow Rectangles and before we left at 2 PM for the theatre, I had all of the blocks sewn into rows…hopefully correctly!  We sold popcorn

Michael's favorite spot....making popcorn!
and candy and wine/soda for 1-1/2 hours, and I think the kids were really glad the play was over and they got to have a cast party:

taking their bows

WE headed directly to Pat’s house after the play.  Here’s an example of her not going to too much trouble for dinner (yummy hot dogs on the grill along with): 

pasta salad

baked beans

cole slaw


chips & cheetos

and more fixin's




































































AND...chocolate homemade cupcakes for dessert!  We had to kind of eat and run because it was 7 PM before we were finished, and Cookie was home with her stomach growling!  The sun was a GORGEOUS, deep orange orb on the way home….we tried to get a picture, but it disappeared behind a cloud….it was so beautiful to see it.  We both read our books for about an hour when we got home, then it was TV until 10:30 and then bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.