Friday, September 2, 2016

food at quilting, seven quilts to Clinton

Michael left BEFORE 7 AM on Thursday (9/1)…good thing I asked him to re-set the alarm because after tossing and turning from 5 AM – 7AM, I fell back asleep at 7.  I was really surprised when the alarm went off 1/2 an hour later  :~).  Luckily I had made roll dough Wednesday night, so I just had to form it and get it into a pan for the quilting lunch today.  I hardly got anything done at quilting, but I had a blast!  AND, I got June her first custom customer….so I’m psyched about that.  She is doing a GREAT job with her quilting…I can’t wait to see what she does.  The food (as always) was superior:







Anyway, I got home just around 2 PM and promptly took a nap.  My nose was feeling funny the last 1/2 hour of quilting, and by the time I got home, my throat was funny as well.  I’m definitely coming down with something, but a nap for 1-1/2 hours certainly helped.  By then the Clinton schoolteacher stopped by to pick up the first load of my quilts:  

my second hidden wells

diamond dash

my first bargello

disappearing hour glass (my Thursday project for many months)

another disappearing hour glass, one of the fish quilts and the dog quilt

I’m going to pack up the rest of them for Friday.  I had a little energy by then and headed downstairs.  There was a thunderstorm going on and I always unplug my long arm during those, but since Loree wound several bobbins for me and showed me how to insert them, I stitched away on my featherweight until 9 PM.  After that I collapsed on the sofa with my honey and just vegged until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.