Wednesday, September 21, 2016

moon, Cookie, yoghurt, Greenway Restaurant!!!,


I got laundry started and sewed in the morning (I decided to just sew the rows together that I know are right….then figure out where I am) on Tuesday (9/20), while Michael was picking flowers,


















walking the dog and having breakfast on the deck.  He got some beautiful shots in the morning (we both LOVE seeing the moon in the day time)
















and spent some time playing with Cookie for a bit:

with her beloved frisbee















before he left to run errands.  I saw my first praying mantis of the year while heading back inside after looking at the moon....of course I thought it was just a leaf at first:


I made yoghurt for Michael overnight in the crockpot:
















and got it packaged up

fruit on the bottom

then yoghurt and a bit of jam for sweetness




























before heading out just before 10:30 for the Lake House.  I was picked up by Pat & Jan & Barbara to head into town for our lunch at the Greenway restaurant! 
Barbara, me, Pat, Jan

As usual, the lunch was FABULOUS. 



We started with breadsticks/muffins


and a selection of honey butter (yes, they have their own hives and harvest their own honey!), pimento cheese and white beans: 


We moved on to the salad course: 


then our entrees:

Barb had the wild mushroom ravioli

Jan had the filet...that's a quail egg on top!

Pat had the pork shank on top of asiago polenta

I had the crab cake...those are battered ginger strips on top....yum!























































finishing up with a wonderful dessert, chocolate Bavarian cream with a sugar work cage, sitting on top of a sugar cookie base…..yum! 





We were talking to the chef as we were leaving and he asked if we wanted a tour of the facilities….of course we said YES, please!!  He showed us the cold kitchen:  



 the hot kitchen: 






and the baking kitchen:










I asked him if it was possible to get the recipe for the dessert, and he said he'd see what he could do :~).  All in all it was a fabulous lunch and when we got home around 2 PM, I was beat…I read/napped through my book for a couple of hours before briefly rousing myself to go downstairs, only to find I had made a mistake in my sewing in the morning  :~(.  Michael was leaving for the movies around that time, so I decided to visit my friend Jan and we got started on boxing up some of Walt’s clothes, jackets and hats for eventual delivery to the Men’s Shelter in Charlotte.  We watched a bit of TV after that and I finally came home around 10 PM…just in time to greet my honey.  He saw the SNOWDEN movie and said Oliver Sone portrayed Snowden as a hero & whistleblower….and I think that is how I feel as well.  After talking for a bit, we both headed for bed.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous time!!! I am soooooooooooo jealous!!

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.