Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Rectangle Rainbow continues....


We got to sleep in on Tuesday (9/13) and both of us needed it.  After breakfast, we headed to the dentist….Michael got a cleaning and I finally got my on-lay (my original broke in JANUARY, in the bathroom on the way to Iceland!!!)  We finally got back home after stops at WALMART and SUBWAY (to use 2 year old gift cards to get 2 small subs for lunch.  Are you sensing a theme here with us and gift cards?)  We had phone calls to return and finally both settled downstairs around 2:30.  Michael put his latest golf score in then worked on setting up our new vacuum, while I dropped back to quilting on Mary Ann’s quilt.  I got all but the last row done before Larry & Evelyn picked us up for an early movie….we saw SULLY….OMgoodness…what a great and frightening movie…I can’t even imagine being in that situation.  If you go to see it…make sure you stay through the credits.  We were home by 7:30 and I headed downstairs to sew for just a bit (I really get cranky when I don’t get to sew at least a little every day :~)…so I spent some time on my new quilt.  Now that I’ve stopped making mistakes, it’s going much better  :~). And….although I know it will make some people who read this blog crazy…..now that I’ve dropped back to the anal-Debbie-method….I’m not making any mistakes at all  :~).  My quilt has 6 rows to the pattern….so instead of working on row 1, then 2 then 3 and so on…..I’m doing ALL of the row 1’s that I need…then all of the row 2’s that I need….etc…so there BG & Mary Jo :~). 




They're not at all sewn together, but at least I'm getting them all laid out.  I finally looked at the title of this pattern, and they called it "now or later"...which makes no sense to me at all...so I'm calling mine Rectangle Rainbow.  I finally stopped sewing at 9 and headed upstairs to read for a bit, then watch a BIG BANG before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.