Thursday, September 29, 2016

gas housers, beau coup Elsie & Cookie, Favorite Things Party

Michael and I ran over to a friend’s house Wednesday morning (9/28) to cut a bunch of her sage.  She said to come whether she was home or not….so that was our early morning activity.  After that, Michael made “gas housers” for his breakfast (he usually does that instead of an omelet whenever he has fresh bread)
















and I just had some toast.  After that he left for golf and I settled into my day.  For all of you that constantly ask "don't you ever just do nothing?", Wednesday was it!!!  Even though I had a long list of things I should have been doing…. I just blew it off and I read and read and read and read….all morning and most of the afternoon.  It was heavenly!  I did make a run of hand/face/body cream since I needed that in the evening…otherwise I reveled in the joy of reading, new books from quilting friends  :~).  I had cute furry company snuggling next to me all day: 

















Around 5:30 I got cleaned up and headed off to Peggy’s house for a favorite things party.  I met Peggy several months ago at a casual ladies get together, where she talked about this kind of party.  She said she would definitely invite me when she had one, and it was Wednesday night.  There were 18 women there and other than my hostess (that I had only met that once), I only knew one other person slightly.  That was a bit intimidating, but the ladies were all so nice I felt like I fit right in.  Several of them knew ME from my previous demos at Cooking Fingers.  Peggy must have been cooking for a WEEK, because the food was wonderful (I never did get a picture of the dessert table):


















Anyway, we all brought several of our favorite things, then basically traded. 






















It was lots of fun and I came home with lots of new things to try.  At some point during the evening we had a “how many women can we fit in this chair’ contest…




that was a riot!  I was beat when I got home, and just talked to Michael for a bit before we both headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.