Monday, September 5, 2016

quilted fleece blankets, fresh flowers, Cookie a duex, patriotic top done


We were both up early Sunday morning (9/4)…Michael took Cookie for a walk while I headed downstairs.  Even though I have 2 customer quilts waiting to be done…I can’t load them up until my new control box and LDC screen arrive, so I started something else instead.  A woman from Thursday quilting has access to a lot of fleece and she brought me several bolts, since she knows I’m doing the blankets for the kids.  I decided I was going to try to quilt 2 pieces of fleece together.  BG asked me if that could be done…and I said I don’t know…but I’m going to try it!  I didn’t even put batting in between, because this fleece was very thick…not like the thin stuff that sometimes comes in those tied blankets.  Anyway, I got a large piece of BUZZ LIGHTYEAR loaded up and proceeded to quilt 2 pieces of fleece together. 



I will use my wavy rotary cutter around the outside and voila….another blanket for the kids.  While that was quilting, I continued to work on the latest patriotic quilt.  I got the quilt all put together and started working on a border.  By then the quilting was done on BUZZ….and I got it trimmed: 



















I loaded up a piece of PETER PAN fleece against a backing of cream colored fleece, and started all over again :~).  My honey picked fresh flowers from the garden: 





And while he was downstairs with me working on his Iceland video, we had cute company on her dog bed:















By dinnertime I had the second quilt blanket done and I was pooped. 
















I headed upstairs to read for a bit before dinner.  We had Chinese for dinner and it was yummy (we haven’t had it in awhile), then I headed back downstairs for an hour.  I got 2 borders put on the patriotic quilt:


and that’s all I’m putting on.  It was too long and skinny without them, so they make it a little wider.  I think everyone was right about this pattern (YELLOW BRICK ROAD)...it was very easy to do and went together quickly, and was the perfect project to do on my featherweight while my PFaff was being repaired, but I think it is just too frenetic for me and I don't think I will be doing it again.  Maybe I would like it better if I did it with a fat quarter bundle or something like that...I just don't know. 

After that I  settled in to snuggle and watch TV with my honey, and got another fleece blanket tied:

I am on a mission to get these things tied and OUT OF MY HOUSE  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.