Saturday, September 24, 2016

squash & sage casserole, dinner w/Loree & Reg, Doug & Paula


I spent Friday morning (9/23) running to the grocery store and putting together a casserole for dinner, while Michael was walking the dog…helping me cook pasta…and eating breakfast on the deck.  I will be doing 2 cooking demos in October for Cooking Fingers (the cooking club here at SCCL), on a squash dish that I make for Michael and me.  I don’t have any recipe written down because I just made it up one day and I just wing it.  Well…I need a recipe to hand out with the demos, and also had to figure out proportions….so I invited 2 other couples over for dinner and am writing down what I do! 

mushroom/onions/squash ready for roasting

after roasting

pasta with sage butter

mixing it all together























































Michael said he would cook the sausage for sausage bread for dinner, so I got down to the studio sooner that I might have  :~).  First up, finishing the last 6 rows on the patriotic quilt. 


I got that done, and loaded up a second patriotic right next to it….


I am very afraid I’m going to run out of fleece backing because it took so much to even it out at the top….I’m crossing my fingers.  While that was quilting, I continued to work on the second Rainbow Rectangles and made slow…but sure progress.  I had also hard boiled eggs in the morning, so at 3 PM I headed upstairs to make deviled eggs for an appetizer: 


and to put the sausage bread together:








After that it was a quick shower….a little book reading and suddenly it was 6 PM.  Loree & Reg showed up with home grown, home cooked green beans



and Paula brought dessert:


Loree also brought us THE MOST BEAUTIFUL iris I’ve even seen. 



My camera totally does not do justice to it….the camera doesn’t take good pictures of purple, whether it be fabric OR flowers.  This is the deepest, prettiest purple you’ve ever seen.  Best of all, it’s time for her to divide the bulbs, and she is going to give me some!!!  We sat down to the squash & sage casserole and sausage bread. 
















Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal, as well as playing TRIPOLI for an hour before stopping for Paula’s Almond Pie.  It was yummy, and after consuming it, we played TRIPOLI for another round before calling it a night. 



Michael and I had everything cleaned up in about 20 minutes and read our books again before bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.