Thursday, September 8, 2016

quesadilla tutorial


It was another early golf day for Michael on Wednesday (9/7),(he eventually came home with an 87 and seemed quite pleased) while I headed downstairs for my normal sew-all-day-Wednesday day :~).  First I had to get my Pfaff re-set up, then I started a labeled embroidery going: 

Then I loaded a backing of polar fleece on Miss Scarlett and started to stitch it up.  In the meantime, I made the binding for one of my quilts: 



It's hard for me to keep all 3 machines busy (my embroidery, Miss Scarlett & my workhorse, so after the label was done, I shut off the embroidery machine.  Keeping 2 machines going at once is plenty busy for me!)  By then it was time for lunch (since I really hadn’t had breakfast!) and I headed upstairs to scrounge around.  I found 2 old 8 inch tortillas (I swear these things NEVER go bad…although they can get dried out), a small bit of jalapeno cheese, the last 4 mini-roma tomatoes from our garden that have been ripening on our counter and 1/2 of an onion in the fridge.  So:

tortilla in the skillet with 1/2 of the cheese

added the sliced tomatoes

some chopped onions

the other 1/2 of the cheese & the second tortilla on top

browned on both sides

OMG!!!!

YUMM-O!

After lunch I got the binding sewn on almost 1/2 of one side of a quilt before taking a nap in the afternoon.  Michael heated me up a piece of pizza so that I could finish quilting the last of the Sponge Bob stuff:



before Pat & Jan picked me up around 6:30.  We picked up Paula on the way out to Ballentyne to see Florence Foster Jenkins…the newest movie with Meryl Streep.  It was VERY good and I think we all had a fun time going out to see it.  I was home by 10 PM and had a little Amaretto while talking to my honey before collapsing into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.