Sunday, September 11, 2016

kimono quilt loaded, cleaning, Chocolate towel, new strips


Michael left early for golf on Saturday (9/10), while I headed downstairs to load up a customer quilt.  The new parts for Miss Scarlett arrived yesterday….and although I wanted to try them out on one of my quilts, I have had Sandy D’s quilt for long enough and need to turn it around.  If the parts don’t work, I’ll just have to watch every stitch and hold down the sides myself while it is stitching out.  Sandy really wanted a “bishop’s fan” stitch which I didn’t already have….so I headed to the internet and found one and bought it.  I spent 45 minutes loading up the quilt only to find out that the back isn’t even as wide as the quilt :~(, let alone wide enough to put my clamps on….so I unloaded it and called Sandy and she is coming to pick it up to add another panel.  I moved onto the next quilt I have from Sandy F. 

Joe stopped by to pick up the painting of Cookie & Elsie (it will be displayed in the art show next week), and Mary Ann stopped by to drop off her quilt.  All in all it was a busy morning :~).  Once I got Sandy F’s quilt loaded, I called and asked her to come over and talk to me.  When she dropped it off, she and her friend had decided that I should quilt it with a deep red thread.  Once I got it loaded, I really felt like the red quilting would take over….so I spread a bunch of red thread on it, and in another section, I put a bunch of gold thread.  When Sandy stopped by, she agreed that the gold was better, so that’s what I’m going to use.  I think it will show up on the white background, but blend into her blocks of kimonos.  Her fabric for each kimono is beautiful and I didn't want to over shadow that.  I got several rows of quilting done in the afternoon, along with cleaning off of the pool table.  I went from this: 















to this: 


The only thing left on the table is the top and batting of Sandy D’s quilt….once she returns the back to me I will get it loaded up.  Michael came home in the afternoon with an 87 (he said he couldn't hit a fairway to save his life....and I think an 87 is an excellent score considering that :~).  I got another Chocolate Event towel done (and have wrapped both of the finished ones so that I remember whose is whose!) 

and I even managed to start cutting out some fabric for my next Clinton quilt:


before having a late dinner of Chinese leftovers.  I headed upstairs at 8 PM to watch the Iceland video Michael has finished about our vacation in January.  It is FABULOUS and we can’t wait to share it with Candyce & Ralph (our traveling companions).  After that we watched a Northern Exposure and 3 of “our” shows (AS TIME GOES BY) before heading to bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.