Tuesday, September 6, 2016

hydrangeas, gift for chocolate committee, apple coffee cake, brownies, bread, pants quilt recipient

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!  Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Monday morning (9/5), and then picked more flowers...we've gotten a lot of new blooms on the hydrangeas....I just LOVE them:


I headed to my studio.  I loaded up SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS fleece with a mint green backing and started to quilt away.  While that was happening, I finally got started on an embroidery project I have wanted to do.  You know that I’m in charge of a Chocolate Event here at SCCL.  I wanted to do a little something to thank my committee for all of the work they have been doing.  At our last meeting, I explained that part of the reason this was so hard is that we are all Chocolate Event PIONEERS!!!  This has never been done before…..so we are all starting from scratch.  Eileen (one of the committee members) said “ok…I want a sticker that says Pioneer”…and that gave me the idea for my gifts.  I asked each member for their favorite color and voila (I'm pretty sure no one on my committee reads my blog):  

a kitchen towel

The lettering will be in their favorite color and all will have that same piece of chocolate.  I got one towel done and one quilted blanket done by lunchtime and headed upstairs.  I’ve been neglecting my stuff in the kitchen, so I jumped in to get caught up.  I made up 2 Apple/Cinnamon Freezer Coffee Cakes, 

before topping

and after




























a pan of those brownies BG and I made in Connecticut:


and some sandwich bread (we’re giving 1/2 a loaf to Anne & Bryce and 1/2 to Joanne & Larry).  


By then it was dinner and Michael headed out to pick up a pizza.  I headed downstairs after dinner as it was way too early to call it quits for the evening.  I finished up the quilting on the second Sponge Bob 



and headed upstairs around 8 PM.  We watched TV and I got ANOTHER (YAYAY!) fleece blanket tied:

I forgot to post this the other day....this is the 99 year old husband who received the pants quilt (made from his wife's pants):

I'm still fighting my cold...and I'm still losing  :~(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.