Friday, September 30, 2016

John Deere quilt at SCQ, Barrie Ann & Loree


Michael packed the car for me for quilting Thursday morning (9/29) before leaving for golf.  I headed to quilting….where they worked me like a DOG  :~).  A group of us decided to use this charity day to make a quilt for the man who donated a mid-arm machine to our group.  Apparently he is a NUT for John Deere stuff, so that is the theme we went with.  I had a great group of gals who all pitched in:


front: Loree, Mary, June, Robin and in back: Jerri & Jeri


























and by the time we left, this is what we had (thank you to Janice G for the pattern): 



I think it needs a border, so will go through my stash to look for a darker green, plus I may fussy cut some tractors and applique them on.  Barrie Ann stopped by to pick up a few donations from me for the memorial blood drive for her brother:



but not before Loree did her Vanna White impression with the scarf: 



I was absolutely beat when I got home and sat and read my book for an hour before Michael got home from golf….totally disgusted by his score.  We talked for about an hour, then he hopped in the shower just as Al and Lynn arrived (our financial planners from Connecticut).  We went over all of our accounts before heading out to The Fish Market in Baxter Village for a stupendous meal.  For appetizers, Michael had scallops, Lynn & I split a crab/spinach dip and Al had calamari.  Dinner was 2 orders of scallops with bacon/carb risotto, seafood pasta and trout.  All of our meals were incredible and we finished them off with key lime pie, crème brulee and flourless chocolate cake!  We rolled out to our cars, had hugs all around, then we headed for home while Al & Lynn headed for their hotel in Columbia.  They have been on the road for THREE weeks and I’m sure will be so happy to head for home on Saturday.  Michael and I lay like lumps on the couch and watched TV until we waddled off to bed  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.