Thursday, September 22, 2016

omelet, sage butter, patriotic quilting started, crab cakes


We got to sleep in a bit on Wednesday (9/21) which was wonderful!  Michael took Cookie for a short walk, then helped me to put the new control box and LCD screen that came on Monday, onto Miss Scarlett. He made one of his usual, perfect (except for the ketchup!) spinach/mushroom/swiss omelets:


before leaving around 10:15 for a late tee time to golf with Phil.  It was Phil’s first golf outing since the surgery on his back.  I had some chores to do upstairs, including making 2 more pounds of sage butter for my October demo’s for Cooking Fingers: 

leaves waiting to be washed

a pound of butter

chopped leaves ready to be mixed in

tablespoons ready for the freezer























































I did a pound previously, but forgot to take pictures…and still have one more pound to go, but I need to gather more sage from friends.  I was finally downstairs at 11 AM and first up was setting up the program for my quilt to check out the new equipment….HOORAY!!!!  HAZZUH!!!!  It is working correctly….PLUS…the pattern I picked is just beautiful.  I don’t think I’ve used it on a quilt before and I think it is just stunning….PLUS, it nests really well. 



I'm using variegated red/white/blue thread















I know you can't really see it on this quilt, but the next one has a lot of white fabric and I will take pictures again (if I ever get back to quilting again!), which should give you a better view.  While I was quilting, I dropped back to ripping out a seam from yesterday.  I don’t know why I am having so much trouble with this quilt, since I’ve already made it once…but I am  :~(.  I’m going to have to be really careful and not work on it when I am too tired to see my mistakes.  I got an unexpected surprise, a call from Mary Jo around NOON and we talked for 50 minutes….all through me stitching out 2 more quilted rows….toasting an English muffin and slathering it with peanut butter for my breakfast/lunch, and changing my clothes to go swimming with Pat.  I finally…sadly :~( hung up at 12:50 and raced up to the Lake House.  We walked for 3200 steps (about an hour and 25 minutes), then headed for home.  I guess I really have to get back into shape, because that walking totally knocked me out!  Michael came home with an 83 from his golf round with Phil, and apparently that knocked HIM out as well…we both fell asleep in our chairs in the living room while we were trying to read.  I finally came to around 4:30 and started to work on dinner.  I made scalloped potatoes…and something else I’ve NEVER made before….crab cakes! 



Michal said the dinner was EXCELLENT!  By the time we finished, it was almost time to SKYPE with Janice…unfortunately we just talked on the phone because SKYPE never worked…but we talked for 1-1/2 hours!  After that I headed upstairs, watched TV for a bit and collapsed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.