Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lunch at the Greenway Restaurant at CPCC



I was up at 6 AM on Tuesday (2/9) and got a ton of sewing done before leaving at 10:15 to attend a luncheon at CPCC.  Paula invited me for the first time last year (you can read about it here: http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2015/06/paula-kathy-mary-lunch-at-cpcc-elsie.html).  The Greenway Restaurant is run by the culinary department of CPCC and they put on a FABULOUS lunch.  This year was every bit as good as last year.  Paula was going to be in California, so I got a reservation and invited 3 of my friends:   
Loree

Pat

Jan

This year I got a few pictures of the kitchen staff at work (we could watch them while we ate):   



 We had a freshman culinary student waiting on us and we all felt really sorry for him as he was so nervous his hands were shaking as he took our order….but by dessert he seemed much calmer  :~).  We started with cream of asparagus soup(in a warmed bowl no less)


then Loree had the pork chop with pickled red cabbage and sautéed apples and asparagus (she shared bites with us and it was yummy), 


 Jan had the crab cakes, with hush puppies and spring vegetables, 


 and Pat & I both had the chicken, with broccoli and asiago mashed potatoes and a wild mushroom sauce.   


Dessert was cheesecake, 

and by then we were all stuffed.  It was a delightful lunch…just like last time…and I hope I get to go again!  Once I got home and changed clothes, I worked the rest of the day and evening and finally, FINALLY got the quilting done on Ethel’s quilt.  Because of the way she is going to do the binding, I have a ton of handwork to do, burying the beginning and ends of all of her rows, but at least the quilting is finished.  Michael left at 6:15 to pick up Larry for the movies, and I made a quick trip to the grocery store before settling in with my knitting and TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.