Friday, September 9, 2016

another fleece blanket, Elsie a duex, Clinton quilt finished


Michael had packed my car for quilting on Wednesday night, so I had a very leisurely Thursday morning (9/8).  I got the last of the Sponge Bob fleece off of Miss Scarlett and got it all trimmed: 
















before leaving at 9 AM for quilting.  I already have quite a pile of fleece blankets for Clinton for next year :~).  I got a fair amount of sewing done while I was at quilting, and of course, lots of socializing, and when I came home at 2 PM…I took a nap!  I don’t know what it is, but quilting wears me out :~).  When I got up, I headed downstairs to continue to work on the binding of a quilt, but not before snapping a few pics of my furry baby enjoying another tube in her cat house (she was sleeping when I got the camera, but somehow she (and Cookie) always sense when I'm focusing in and open their eyes!): 
















Michael fixed up my Chinese leftovers for dinner and I continued working until 8 PM when the quilt was done.  Jerri L (a Thursday quilter) did the center of this quilt and donated it to me for Clinton.  It was a little bit too small, so I added 2 borders, quilted and bound it and voila): 















I headed upstairs to watch TV and trim up one of my embroidered towels for a couple of hours before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.