Thursday, September 15, 2016

Rainbow Rectangles continues....


Michael headed out to take Cookie for a walk on Wednesday (9/14) and Paula picked me up for breakfast and we headed out to IHOP.  We had a wonderful time talking, talking, & talking at breakfast and at DOLLAR TREE and at Aldi’s before heading home just after 11 AM.  I got the last row done on Mary Ann’s quilt and took it off the frame to trim and tie in bobbin ends.  Sandy F swung by to pick up her kimono quilt…and she agreed that the gold thread was an excellent choice….and  a Pulte rep (Pulte is the company that build our houses) came by to look at the cracks in our basement wall.  Thankfully, he judged the cracks to be a result of our house settling, and not something more serious.  I spent the rest of the afternoon continuing to work on my Rainbow Rectangles: 







I finally had to make dinner….I think for the first time in 9 days (!), and my honey and I put together this and that.  We had 2 hamburgers left in the freezer, so Michael started browning and breaking those up in a skillet….we added chopped onions and mushrooms…threw in the rest of the leftover spaghetti sauce and a bunch of herbs….cooked up some ditalini and threw that in…then melted cheese over the whole thing (cheddar on Michael's side and jalapeno on my side :~)….it was yummy!  After dinner I headed downstairs to SKYPE with Janice…and that was lovely….SKYPE worked for the entire hour!  After that it was a tiny bit of reading, and a bit more TV watching before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I finally figured out what your rainbow rectangles reminds me off -- my stepping stones quilt (I worked on it at our very first FF retreat). Instead of horizontal rows, yours are vertical. Love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.