Monday, September 19, 2016

Lemon Bars/Cake, quesadilla, new patriotic loaded

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (9/18) while I ran around and collected everything I needed to take to Joann’s.  I picked up Jan shortly after 9 AM and we were on our way.  I was really only going for yellow fabric….both for my Rainbow Rectangles and for the John Deere quilt, but I SCORED a great sale on fleece.  It was 50% off, plus I had a coupon for 20% off of entire purchase…..how could I not buy it?  At that price it was 4 bucks a yard for the good stuff…..cool!  Also, as I was walking down the aisle to the checkout, I saw the rainbow fabric I just used in the rainbow/pinwheel Sterling School quilt:  


I originally got this fabric as a free-for-the-taking at Thursday quilting one day....and I changed my mind about 4 times about what to do with it until I finally settled on the pinwheels.  I think I mentioned that I wanted to make 2 pillow cases to go with the quilt...there was 3/4 of a yard left on the bolt at Joann's and I bought it all so that I could use the rainbow for the top pillowcase bands....I can't believe I actually saw it...that was serendipity at its best!!!  Jan and I made a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home and I dropped Jan off just after 11.  I came home and immediately made up this new recipe for no-fat lemon bars (although I think I would change the title to Lemon Cake!), 


and made another quick quesadilla for brunch, 



then I set my hair and headed to the studio to get a bit done.  I got some cutting done on my stratas 

before it was time to leave before 2 PM to work concessions at Fort Mill Playhouse.  I had hoped to take the lemon bars with me to sell….but they were too tall and too sticky to work well as finger food….so I skipped it.  This was the kid’s production at FMCP and thankfully it was over in a flash.  It started at 3 Pm and was over by about 4:15.   We cleaned up the theatre and headed for home.  We stopped for dinner at HWY 55 and were home by 5:30.  Michael rented a RED BOX movie that I didn’t care to see, so he made popcorn later in the evening and watched the movie, while I stayed downstairs and loaded a double length of backing up on Miss Scarlett, and got my first quilt positioned:  
















I got my 3 yellow strips cut and sewn as strata, 


and got more of my 2-1/2 inch wide blocks cut.  I headed upstairs around 9 PM and watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.