Sunday, September 18, 2016

Concession box straps, a surprise at the quilt show


Michael left for golf just after 7 AM on Saturday (9/17) and he eventually came home with an 84….and he missed a hole-in-one by FOUR inches  :~(.  Oh well…he was still happy with his score.  I spent most of the day working on straps for our concessions box….with not a lot of success.  By the time Michael came home, I had one fat strap done, with padding around the neck for him to try on for size. 



The length was good and I was going to apply VELCRO to the sides so that the box could be lowered or raised depending on the height of the person, but because I had made just one strap for the middle opening of the box, the box kept tipping :~(.  So, I dropped back to plan “B” and worked on that for the rest of the day and early evening.  It was pretty funny because sometime within the past week I was looking at my door apron that holds a BUNCH of sewing supplies…and I was looking at my bias tape makers and I said to myself “when am I ever going to use those again…I haven’t used them in YEARS….I should just get rid of them” and voila….that’s what I used to make my straps :~). 




I think I have to tweak the placement of the VELCRO


braided around the neck
I think this will work much better. 

After that I had a little bit of time to get a few more strips sewn together for new Rainbow Rectangles.  I'm using 6 colors, and I cut 3 strips of each color.  First I sewed each color to the black background.  When I have done now (except for the yellow) is sew 3 strips together, then 2 strips together then left one strip separate.  I think this will help with my "bargello like" construction of the quilt:




When I finally got those done, I headed upstairs and both of us read our books for about an hour before bed.

 

I didn’t have these pictures from the quilt show yesterday, so am putting in today.  There WAS one exciting quilt in the show that Pat & Jan noticed first:  




Yes, it was thrilling to see my name as quilter on one of the quilts :~).  Remember, Sandy & I actually did win a second place ribbon at the Charlotte quilt show….I hope there are more in her (our) future  :~).

1 comment:

  1. Congrats !!! I'm sure there will be MANY more in your
    future !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.