Thursday, June 30, 2016

lunch at the Greenway Restaurant



Michael left before 7:30 for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday morning (6/29), and I headed downstairs to continue to work on my stratas.  I got a bit of of sewing done before Pat, Loree & Jan showed up at 10:30.  We piled in the car and headed into Charlotte to the CPCC campus for our luncheon at the GREENWAY Restaurant.  This is the restaurant at the cooking school where the graduating seniors put out a lunch for 5 days for around 40 people.  It is always heavenly and today was NO exception.  



We had a selection of breads and spreads:   
















a lovely salad:



















 fabulous choices for lunch: 

 
I had the pork


pat & Jan had the beef

Loree had the chicken


 and an incredible dessert.  We found out that although the lunches and spreads stay the same for each of the 5 days, the desserts change each day.  On other days they had pumpkin pie (yuck!), key lime pie or a raspberry tart….but today….today was the piece de resistance……    





















 yep, an éclair with raspberry sauce and it was OUTSTANDING!!!  Even though we were all very full…we all kept scraping our plates trying to get up every bit of the dessert…..YUM!!  We had a wonderful first year student....Jesse....for our waiter.  



He graciously took a picture of us as well: 

Loree, Pat, me, Jan

 When we got home, Pat came in to pick some basil she needed for dinner, Loree came in to buy some tone-on-tone white and Jan came in to pick up a ticket for a future concert.  After that I was full and drowsy, so I took a short nap before resuming sewing.  By the time Janice and I SKYPED (it only worked for 1/2 an hour  :~(, I had all of my stratas sewn together.  After talking with Janice I headed upstairs to watch TV and continue to reclaim polar fleece!

2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.