Friday, August 21, 2020

unicorn dreams, champagne, mower

  Current US COVID-19 deaths:  177,456

    Yesterday:  176,377

A week or so ago, we found out that one of our former neighbors (who lived just 2 houses down) had died.  She had been in an Alzheimer unit for quite a number of years.  We just found out yesterday that she died of COVID-19 and that there are 20 other cases in the unit where she was.

*********************

Michael headed out to buy golf balls on Thursday morning (8/20) while I headed to the studio to get a quilt basted.  This is a beautiful unicorn panel quilt that I think ANY granddaughter would LOVE to own:  


I stopped for a bit of breakfast/lunch before Michael picked me up and we headed into Charlotte for my post-op appointment with the PA.  She removed all of my restrictions (even though she never saw/watched me walk!!), while cautioning me to still be aware of how I was moving and to stop before the point of pain.  I meet with the surgeon sometime in October, at which time I may schedule my knee replacement.  The deciding factor will be if I can talk myself into it!!  I definitely need it, but the thought of the operation/pain/long recovery is making it hard to decide 'yes'.  Michael and I were home by 3 PM with KFC potpies, and we decided to open champagne to celebrate our car turning over 100,000 miles on the way into Charlotte!!!  


After that we delivered some tiramisu to a friend (I have had a hankering to make a new dessert lately, but my brain woke up and reminded me that I still had a small casserole dish of tiramisu (that Inez and I made last year at the bake-a-thon) in the outside freezer, so I dug that out.  It is the favorite dessert of my friend Susie, so I had to share a bit with her), and also returned the walker to Pam.  Bill (Pam’s hubby) came outside just to tell me how much he loved the quilt….SCORE!!!  Remember, it was one of my men’s quilts:  


And just like Paula, Michael was totally enamored of the self guided mowers we saw on the way, and insisted on a movie (see that at the end of this post).

It was still early when we got home, so I headed to the studio to get a bit of sewing done, before joining my honey around 7:30 for 2 episodes of THE ROCKFORD FILES (James Garner was definitely a great looking dude!!) before bed.


1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.