Tuesday, August 4, 2020

3QoV's ready to be complete, tomato pie

I did get some bad news on Sunday….I was very sorry to hear that a friend of mine’s husband was moved to the ICU with COVID 19.  He’s been in the hospital for a week and is apparently getting worse.  I know this woman from Machine Embroidery club and she is a sweetheart.  I really hope her hubby can recover.

I got my tea made Monday morning (8/3) and my honey helped me back downstairs.  The sense of accomplishment I feel in my studio is worth whatever it takes to get here  :~).  

First up was finishing cleaning up the other 2 QoVs:  





while my honey was out running errands:CVS, the pet store, the bank, the dollar store and the bird store.  


When he got home, he made me a fabulous brunch: 



before settling in with popcorn to watch a bunch of TV.  


By then it was early afternoon and I got one more border put on my tablecloth.  By the way….when I saw this, things seemed totally back to normal now:  




I also got the final label made, and can now finish off those 3 QoV's, as I made the binding quite awhile ago.



Michael was working on some things for the November election, so our dinner was a bit delayed…I made a tomato pie, with all of our leftover garden tomatoes:  

chopped and drained tomatoes, with pesto and scallions:


a topping of cheddar/mozzarella & mayonnaise


yummy!!!!

It was TERRIFIC!!!  I haven’t made in forever, and that was our dinner, along with an ear of corn….perfect!


1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.