Monday, August 3, 2020

I'm back!!!! (downstairs that is!)

My honey headed out to the grocery store Sunday morning (8/2), while I put together a cinnamon apple recipe from Pat (thanks for the correct baking directions Janice)!!  


After that it was the moment I’ve been waiting for...I headed downstairs!!!!!!  I took it VERY slowly, one step at a time, and my honey made additional trips to bring down my tea and my cane and a baby quilt, and various other things.  The whole family came along for the ride:  




Once I got settled at my table, my honey said ‘that’s the first time I’ve seen you smile in 3 weeks’….which of course made me cry.  

I had totally forgotten about my last quilt, which was draped over Xena, so first up was getting the basting ripped out, all of the bobbin ends woven in, and trimming the sides:  


I ‘recovered’ all of my backing fabric 


and got it put away in my scrap drawers before performing all of those same tasks on one of the 3 QoV’s I quilted just before the surgery:  




My honey brought down lunch around 2 PM....we split a grilled cheese sandwich:



And I also got the next strips put together for the tablecloth I’m making for our lanair table:  



By then I was pretty beat, so I hauled myself upstairs (I thought going down was bad, but going up was totally exhausting) and took a long nap.  

Michael made bacon and we had BLT’s for dinner…with homemade bread and our own garden tomatoes…..yum!!!  



We spent the evening watching A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM…another FMCP production.

I thought I'd include a bunch of other pictures you missed while I was trying to figure out how to include them using my kindle:

pattern on the feather quilt


a visit from Connie


a visit from Cookie

Janice's latest leaders and enders project

binding for 3 QoV's

my honey's breakfast omelet one morning, or maybe this was mine???

another visit from Connie

laying out my rows

lunch one day (or maybe it was dinner)...can't get too many of those tomatoes

my birthday cake!!!

gourmet chocolate covered strawberries sent from Kristin

a loaf of homemade zucchini bread from Andie



4 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I smiled trying to imagine how excited and relaxed/grateful you were when you were able to get downstairs. So glad you have accomplished that goal!

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you watch FMCP productions. I would like to see Harvey. Oh, that apple cinnamon dish looks fabulous wish I could eat it. No gluten can be a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh... The Tomatoes !!!!
    Great job on getting downstairs. All the photos are wonderful - glad they're back as well. Love the colors in the new blocks !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.