Saturday, August 22, 2020

one perfect rose, Lucy, customer quilt done

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  179,248

    Yesterday:  177,456 

*****************************

Michael was up before 6 AM on Friday (8/22) for a very early tee time, and I hopped up to make him breakfast to save him some time.  It was an overcast day and I spent an enjoyable couple of hours, sitting in the living room with my KINDLE, getting caught up on all manner of things  :~).  I've purposely NOT started the 5th book in the 'Jeri Howard' series as I have things to get done...and I know if I start reading, it's gonna be all over!

Michael was home before 10 AM  (he only played 11 holes), with 2 birdies to his credit…and I was still sitting in the living room!!  I finally headed downstairs to get my blog out and make a start on the new customer quilt.  I got the program done and bobbins wound, but by then another thunderstorm moved in, and I shut everything down.  Michael came down to join me for a bit, and brought me one perfect rose  :~):  


We left at NOON for a hearing aid appointment, and it was really nice to see Linda again...I haven't seen her in forever.  I got good news and bad news: the good news is that my hearing is not getting any worse so far....SCORE!!!  The bad news is, she actually has clients who think all of the COVID stuff will (magically) go away after the November election...say what????

After that we dropped off my bike for a tune-up and then decided to have a ‘car date’.  There’s a take-out-only Pizza Hut in Waxhaw (where the bike shop is) and I ADORE Pizza Hut crusts!  We stopped to pick up pan pizzas and ate in the car: 



with the rain gently coming down, talking about a variety of things….it was intimate and wonderful!  

We were home by 3-ish and the storms had moved off, so I started quilting once again.  I think the pattern looks lush and pretty on this quilt:  



I was determined not to stop until it was finished, and believe me, it wasn't easy as someone wanted lots of love:






She kept pushing in, closer and closer.....but by 7 PM, the quilting was done!!!  


I headed upstairs to play WORDSCAPES for an hour before joining my honey for some TV watching.

You would NOT believe the 'bird action' we are getting on the new squirrel proof bird feeder Michael got....at one point there were SIX birds, vying for spots at the feeder:


FB fun:A new study shows that buying fabric and sewing supplies prolongs your life.  Looks like I’m going to be immortal  :~).

2 comments:

  1. That's a new one. We are all going to be immortal. All our stashes are "large".

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.