Wednesday, August 12, 2020

New retreat companion

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  167,761

    Yesterday:  166,273

*****************************

I hopped up early Tuesday morning (8/11) to make extra dark brownies for Michael to take to his men’s luncheon (and maybe a few for me to eat  :~).  


And I’m having an extra special social week this week….I had another retreat companion:  






June came by to visit and work on a new string quilt she is doing: 


and I got my 3rd QoV bound.  She brought some great show and tell:  






Jim stopped by to pick up 3 quilts I had promised to the American Legion before September 1st:  


I’ll be honest, by the time June left at 3 PM, I was totally beat and took a nap until 5!!!  

My honey decided he had had a huge lunch and just wanted yoghurt for dinner, so I made a quick sandwich for me.  Loree had brought us a cantaloupe and some luscious looking tomatoes from her garden: 


so I got them chopped up and salted and into my salad spinner to drain for tomato pie tomorrow night:  



My honey wanted to watch a few of his own shows after dinner, so I headed downstairs to get the baby quilt trimmed and binding made and a label made: 


with my faithful companion, Lucy:





and I came upstairs at 9 PM to watch a bit of TV before bed.


And a bit of cuteness for your smiling pleasure:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.