Saturday, August 8, 2020

baby quilting done, family of deer

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  164,453


Yesterday:  162,836


The 2 faces of COVID - my friend's husband just died of COVID.  Another friend's husband posted on FB that it is just a hoax.

****************************************


You know, when I went to the hip doctor a week ago, she told me that the number 1 complaint of people after surgery was poor sleep.  She said they even stopped prescribing sleeping pills, because they didn’t make any difference, people still woke up.  I totally understand that as I am frustrated as to how I am supposed to heal when I can’t get to sleep!!!  I didn’t take any naps on Thursday, yet when I went to bed Thursday night between 10:30 and 11, I woke up at 2:15 and could not get back to sleep until sometime after 5 AM!!  I just toss and turn and toss and turn….I know you’ve heard me refer to doing the ‘rotisserie chicken’ in bed!!!  And if I get up and go to the fainting couch, or the recliner in the media room, or even the living room sofa (all places where I can sometimes more easily fall back asleep), I am not wearing my CPAP mask, and so am still not getting a restful night’s sleep as I stop breathing many times a night!  I will be happy when this wears off as it definitely has an effect on my mental state as well.  

Other than that, I headed to my studio once my tea was made and my honey delivered another smurfy breakfast (note the garnish on top  :~): 



before leaving for his 10 AM tee time on Friday (8/7).  My day was spent on quilting the baby quilt….I found a pattern with butterflies: 




and was happy about that as my focus fabric is butterflies:  



My honey was home by 3 PM, with an 85 and is slowly rebuilding his birdie streak…..as of today, 2 rounds in a row  :~).  


He was downstairs with me and finally got to see in person a family of visitors.....4 in all:
















By dinnertime the quilting was done: 



and I got the ends woven in as well.  My honey made salads and pierogis for dinner and they were yummy!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.